Welcome to Food Service of Lake Villa School District #41
Food Service is operated by Arbor Management
Lake Villa District 41 Meal Policy
MySchoolBucks has the following payment methods available for use:
Depositing money into your student's lunch account (MySchoolBucks.com) is free of charge and avoids lost or misplaced cash or checks when sending payment with your student. To access and view your student’s MySchoolBucks account please click here: MySchoolBucks
You can also make a payment by calling 847-245-8009 or by visiting our District office.
Menu items include healthy ingredients, larger portions of fruits and vegetables. Students will be offered foods from five food groups (grain, fruit, vegetable, protein and dairy) and they must take at least 3 of the 5 menu items. In addition, they must always take at least ½ cup of a fruit or vegetable, everyday. Please be proactive and talk with your child about the USDA ChooseMyPlate and these guidelines. We will use “choosemyplate” as an aid to try and help students put into practice the guidelines needed to help them build healthier meals. For more information on ChooseMyPlate, please visit www.choosemyplate.gov
If you have any questions, please feel free to call your food service general manager.
Arbor Food Services
Let’s Move and Healthy Hunger Free Kids
Dietary Guidelines Click Here
Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act and Lake Villa School District #41
Here at Lake Villa Community Consolidated School District #41, we are continously making similar changes to our menus and will do so in the future. Many of our menu items are now made with healthier ingredients such as whole grains, we have been modifying recipes to include less sodium and saturated fat, we have switched to only 1% or non-fat milk, our snacks and beverages meet nutritional guidelines established for lower sugar, fat and sodium, and our menus include more fruits and vegetables. Some changes your student has noticed over the past school year…
- Every student will be required to take 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable each day to make a reimbursable meal.
- A legume (beans) will be offered at least once a week
- French fries will always be baked, not fried.
- All snacks and beverages will be compliant with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation (AHG) guidelines. AHG is a joint collaboration between the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation. We are awaiting additional regulations from USDA that specify nutrition guidelines for snacks and beverages.
- More whole Grains in our menus
- More Fruits, Vegetables and Beans