Welcome to Food Service of Lake Villa School District #41
Food Service is operated by Arbor Management
Lunch meals are free for all students during the 21-22 school year. At this time, meals will no longer be distributed by curbside at any buildings. Students who will be quarantined for COVID and receiving remote instruction can pick up lunch daily from their school.
Lake Villa District 41 Meal Policy
MySchoolBucks has the following payment methods available for use:
To help ensure the health and safety of all our students and staff, we ask that parents please consider funding their student’s meal account online through MySchoolBucks. This will help minimize the amount of cash/check deposits that need to be handled throughout the day, which allows us to focus on serving meals as fast, efficiently, and safely as possible.
In addition to paying online for meals, your free MySchoolBucks account also makes it easy to check your student’s balance, set up low balance alerts, and view cafeteria purchases from anywhere.
Get Started Today:
- Go to myschoolbucks.com or download the mobile app
- Create your free account and add your students using their school name / student ID
- Add funds using your credit / debit card or electronic check
- Set up automatic payments and never forget to send in lunch money again.
You can also make a payment by calling 847-245-8009 or by visiting our District office.
What is the National School Lunch Program?
Menu items include healthy ingredients, larger portions of fruits and vegetables. Students will be offered foods from five food groups (grain, fruit, vegetable, protein and dairy) and they must take at least 3 of the 5 menu items. In addition, they must always take at least ½ cup of a fruit or vegetable, everyday. Please be proactive and talk with your child about the USDA ChooseMyPlate and these guidelines. We will use “choosemyplate” as an aid to try and help students put into practice the guidelines needed to help them build healthier meals. For more information on ChooseMyPlate, please visit www.choosemyplate.gov
If you have any questions, please feel free to call your food service general manager.
Let’s Move and Healthy Hunger Free Kids
Dietary Guidelines Click Here
Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act and Lake Villa School District #41
Here at Lake Villa Community Consolidated School District #41, we are continously making similar changes to our menus and will do so in the future. Many of our menu items are now made with healthier ingredients such as whole grains, we have been modifying recipes to include less sodium and saturated fat, we have switched to only 1% or non-fat milk, our snacks and beverages meet nutritional guidelines established for lower sugar, fat and sodium, and our menus include more fruits and vegetables. Some changes your student has noticed over the past school year…
- Every student will be required to take 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable each day to make a reimbursable meal.
- A legume (beans) will be offered at least once a week
- French fries will always be baked, not fried.
- All snacks and beverages will be compliant with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation (AHG) guidelines. AHG is a joint collaboration between the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation. We are awaiting additional regulations from USDA that specify nutrition guidelines for snacks and beverages.
- More whole Grains in our menus
- More Fruits, Vegetables and Beans