My name is Bob Johnson and I am the Healthcare Coordinator at Palombi Middle School. My background includes an Associate degree in computer programing, 4 years in the US Air Force serving in South Dakota and Taiwan. Following the military, I worked for the Telephone company for 32 years. I have been a volunteer firefighter for 39 years, and an Emergency Medical Technician for 36 years, currently licensed in Illinois and Wisconsin, along with holding a certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. I have been working at Palombi Middle School for the past 12 years with the first 2 ½ years as part time.
Some of the items that I wish parents and guardians to be aware of are:
1. Any student going out for an IESA sport MUST have a CURRENT physical on file in the Health Office PRIOR to tryouts or the start of the sport.
2. All immunizations MUST be current per Illinois State standards prior to October 15 of the current year.
3. Any student turning in a Doctor’s note removing the student from participating in PE class MUST have a Doctor’s note releasing the student back into PE class unless the
original note has SPECIFIC dates on the removal and release.
4. Any time a parent or guardian adds, disconnects, or changes a contact telephone number, the new information needs to be forwarded to the School or Health Office as soon as possible.
5. Any time a parent or guardian changes employment, the new employer and telephone contact information should be forwarded to the School or Health Office as soon as possible.
6. When listing Emergency Contacts, please list only family members or friends who live close enough to pick up a student in a timely manner.
Please feel free to contact the Health Office at 847 245-8056 any time with any questions, comments, or concerns.